Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another Update

As expected, the Committee on World Mission (#8) recommended concurrence with B025 as amended by the HOB. There was little debate. One member moved another amendment, but when the committee was reminded by the (HOD) chair that to amend it would place the whole resolution at risk of a fatal encounter with the adjornment of convention, the proposal was soundly defeated.

In other news ... the committee overwhelmingly approved a substitute for my D020 resolution on the covenant. It's one I and the other sponsors were allowed input on as it was developing last night, and I am grateful for that. It's not everything I might have dreamed in an ideal world, but I am ... how shall I put it? ... not displeased. When I have access to an electronic copy, I'll post it.

No comments: