Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Come Fly With Me …

… to the Holy Land, about 50 weeks from now.

DSCN0536

Bishop Ed Little is leading a pilgrimage to Israel next year, departing February 21 and returning March 2. I am privileged to be among those assisting him in this effort, and would love to have you join me. Most of the pilgrims will be from the Diocese of Northern Indiana, but the trip is open to anyone.

We will see Nazareth, where Jesus was raised, other towns in Galilee, where he ministered, and take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, which figured so prominently in his life and teaching. We will visit the Jordan River, the Dead Sea, and, of course, Jerusalem, the holy city where Jesus suffered and died and rose from the dead. And there’s some great stuff I’m not even mentioning here.

And it’s a bargain—estimated price (pending locking in airfare) is $2,899 per person, including all travel (from Chicago), lodging, and meals. Only taxes and tips will be extra.

I made an exploratory trip a year ago. See here (and then go to the posts that follow) for my reflections at the time. It was a life-changing experience that I am still unpacking in my mind and heart.

If you’re interested, and would like more information, please shoot me an email or give me a call (564.699.3266).

No comments: