You may answer all or some of the following questions. Please turn in your answers before picking up your diploma.
1. Is there such a thing as a theologically indefensible proposition? If so, where did you last see one? Under what conditions?
2. How many different ways can you spell Schillebeeckx?
3. Has the Church always taught anything? Explain. And be specific.
4. Reflect on the Seven Deadly Sins. Describe how you have integrated these into your life. Be specific.
5. Who wrote the Summa Theologica, and why? What did they get out of it?
6. Why is Simon Stylites important in the history of Eccentric Spirituality?
7. Compare the discernment process of Ignatius with that of Sherlock Holmes.
8. Does Karl Rahner believe in verbs?
9. Which does not belong to the group?
a. Rahner, Kung, Howdy Doody, Dulles, Schillebeexkz
b. Ecclesiology, Christology, Mariology, Phrenology, Eschatology
c. Esther, Dolly Parton, Ruth, Judith, Sarah
d. bishop, cardinal, priest, deacon, cowboy
e. John XXIII, Malcolm X, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II
10. Construct on a single legal-size sheet of paper a mock-up of the Trinity. Your construct should take into account the writing of John of St Thomas, Thomas of Aquin, Thomas the Apostle, an/or the Neo-Thomists.
11. Chart the progress of a mystic climbing of Dante's Mount of Purgation from the inside.
12. Discuss recent continental developments in astrology, Christology, and the linchpin theory of the universe.
13. Make an ethical critique of a hypothetical proposal to establish a papal sperm bank.
14. The great powers have loosed a nuclear war. Discuss the following propositions:
a. Use of hard tack for a shelter liturgy is, for the duration, valid but illicit.
b. A rack of shot guns at the shelter door will enlarge the chance of Christian survival.
15. If the headquarters of the Western Church are a Rome and Geneva, where are the hindquarters?
16. Taking into account the view of Norman Vincent Peale that Christ had everything going for him and blew it, refute the Servant Songs of Isaiah.